Get all the deductions you’re entitled to!
To help you maximize your money, we’ve put together this list of documents, receipts and information.
- Not everything on this list will pertain to you, but be sure to bring in all the things that do.
- T4 slips (employment income)
- T3, T5, T5008 (mutual funds, dividends and interest income)
- Carrying charges/Broker fees for investments
- T4A-OAS, T4AP (CPP benefits and Old Age Security)
- T4A (additional annuities and pensions)
- T5007 (Workers’ compensation and Social assistance benefits)
- T4E (Employment Insurance benefits)
- T2202A (Tuition)/Student loan interest
- And any additional slips or information.
- Medical Expenses
- RRSP contributions slips
- Charitable/political donations (receipts must include CRA registration number)
- Child Care
- Child/Spousal Support
- Senior/Disabled home renovations
- Union Dues/Professional Certification Exam costs
- Teacher school supplies (with written certification form)
- Tool costs (tradespersons)
- Additional employment expenses
- Moving expenses (minimum 40 KMS to be closer to school or work)
- Rental Property expenses/income
- Business expenses/income (may include Home office/Vehicle expenses)
- Farm/Fishing expenses/income
- T2200 Declaration of Conditions of Employment and receipts
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS
- Any letters from the CRA including your Notice of Assessment
- Information regarding the sale of your principal residence
- Disability tax credit documentation.
- Volunteer Firefighter/Search and Rescue certification
- Sale of Real estate
- Sale of Stocks and Bonds
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO TELL US
- Some things may have changed for you this past year. Here’s a list of some important information to bring us up to date on.
- Did you move or change any contact information since we saw you last?
- Any new dependants?
- Do you own any foreign property valued at more than $100,000?
- Have you retired?
- Any change in marital/common law status?
Do you support a spouse/common law partner or a dependant with a physical or mental impairment?